We've got a great tour set up to get to know Bard, so here's a little info on it for all my fellow Columbians:
- Bard College is in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York, on the east bank of the Hudson River, about 90 miles north of New York City and 220 miles southwest of Boston.
- Bard College was founded, as St. Stephen's College, in 1860, a time of national crisis
- In 1928 the College opened a radically new chapter in its history when it became an undergraduate school of Columbia University
- In 1944 Bard became a coeducational institution. As a result, it severed its relationship with Columbia University and became independent as a secular, nonsectarian liberal arts college affiliated with the Episcopal church.
- http://www.bard.edu is the link for their site
Division of the Arts
Division of Languages
Division of Science, Mathematics,
Division of Social Studies