Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Columbia Here I Come!!!

Can I just start by saying HOW JUICED I AM TO BE SPENDING 3 WEEKS AT THE SCHOOL OF MY DREAMS!!! I am so grateful for this AMAZING opportunity and it's thanks to many, many people but especially Mr. Ramsey, Ms. Kronenberg, Don Gosney, Mr. Hoffman and the Administrative staff at MCHS, and my family and friends.

New York is the place to be and I still can't believe I'm going to be there :-) . I am so proud to be among the lucky few who gets this opportunity. I have a passion for politics and Columbia University, in New York, for a class on Presidential Powers?? There's no better place for me in the world. I can't believe I was lucky enough to have a chance at this but then I remember all the all nighters and boring weekends at home I went through to get it :-D.

I can't wait to experience New York but I'll be doing my homework: studying weather patterns, fashion trends, cultural customs for different groups, and the works. I'll also be doing some real studying to prep for the class :-) and I can't wait to spend it with all you other cool Columbia kids.

I have no idea what this summer will hold in store for me but I'm ready to go full speed ahead and shout to the world COLUMBIA HERE I COME!!!

3 comments:

  1. BTW my name is Beulah Agbabiaka and I am currently a junior at Middle College High School on the Contra Costa College campus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Beulah!

    How are you going to handle the next several months? From your comments here it sounds like you're already bouncing off of the walls. The excitement is bound to become more intense so we may have to teach you some yoga or transcendental meditation to calm you down before you get on the plane.

    BTW, I'm not sure I recall another one of our ILC members commenting on their own blog. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete