Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Time Flies When You're Locked Out

I'm just going to start by saying I locked myself out of my room today from 9:00 PM to 11:45 PM. 

As a result, I am way behind on coursework. 

The morning started off well enough, with another very informative lecture on how to use database searches to refine your source options. Today's "guest lecturer" was in charge of the American and European section of the database, so his knowledge was very useful for us. After his short lecture, we had time to research with his guidance, which was really helpful. I was able to request a journal article that was relevant to my subject, which was really cool. 

For me, it's hard to believe that high-schoolers like me from all the way across the country can use the resources of a world-renowned college just as if I was a full-fledged college student myself. I'm really glad to have this experience! 

Anyways, after lunch, we went to the libraries to do another two hours of research. After so much time in the library doing research, I think I'm starting to get the hang of researching, which is good. I spent a lot of time trying to keep up with the books and research today, until I locked myself out. I'm now two and a half hours behind my studies, so I'll definitely blog more tomorrow! 

Thank you to Mr. Ramsey, Mrs. Kronenberg, Mrs. Ishmael, and everyone else who helps!

1 comment:

  1. Winston,

    Under different circumstances we might be able to use you as an example of what not to do. Unfortunately, you're not the first of our ILC group this year to lock yourself out of your room and you may not even be the last.

    We can stress such things as making sure you have your keys before you close the door but there will always be people who are confident it will never happen to them and the advice will fall on deaf ears.

    Then again, he who is without sin cast the first stone. We've all been there and done that but few of us have posted it on blogs read by millions of loyal fans.

    By the way, I have a spare key hidden away outside of my house for those times when it happens to me.

    On another note, glad you're getting some good things out of your class.

    ReplyDelete