Monday, July 12, 2010

Gotta Get to Work!

Today was pretty uneventful, but I did get some major work done on my 20-page paper. I got my 1st full draft back today and saw that I had quite a bit of work to do so I got right to it. The Watergate scandal was a very complex affair and I'm happy to say that I'm becoming quite the expert on it. I'm making progress and plan to get a ton more done in the next few days with a complete copy done by Wednesday to show to my teacher and get feedback. I also did some community service at lunch break--making story book covers for little kids. Mine came out nicely and I'll keep up the good citizenship to balance out the poor diet choices I'm making :-)

I'll keep you posted

1 comment:

  1. Beulah,

    Glad to see you're hard at work and still managing the community support.

    Maybe you can tell us a little bit about the Watergate scandal from the perspective of someone who knows about it almost entirely through her readings.

    Sometimes history has a way of being rewritten depending on who the authors are and what their agendas might be. There's the perspective of the historian and then there's the perspective of the political scientist who may have his own angles to push--irrespective of the facts.

    As you might guess, because this is still a subject where a lot of people lived through it and have personal feelings either for or against a President, there may be some efforts to downplay certain events or to amplify them beyond reality. Sometimes, too, certain facts are 'forgotten' if it helps demonstrate a point (on either side of the coin).

    Nonetheless, please feel free to amplify in your blogs and demonstrate some of that 'critical thinking' we've been talking about since you joined the program seven months ago.

    Inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete