Friday, July 9, 2010

Starbucks, Red Bull, Monster, Anyone?

Hello all! Man. This draft for my class is killing me. I think I spent most of my brain power completely renovating my outline, which earned the professor's approval... with only one critique. It is still too detailed for a 20-page paper! Frankly, I do have to disagree with Dr. Z in the moment. It has been a long night of writing to come up with the needed amount, at least in the beginning. Earlier this week, our professor actually handed me a copy of her syllabus for her senior seminar course, the one this summer course is built off of. The work didn't seem too different from this, except the other course requires a bit more reading and a longer essay, but takes place over the course of three months. Now imagine having 4 or 5 classes like that happening all at once.

Right now, all that I can think about is how wonderful the dorm bed is, despite that I didn't make my bed this morning. I apologize for this short blog and I promise to write a better one soon! 

Just before I go, I thought I would give a little update on what is happening:
Tomorrow, as you may have read from the other blogs already, is yet another guest-speaker day! I'm excited! The man presenting tomorrow just graduated last year and now temporarily works as an administrator of Macys.com. 

Also, there has been some unfortunate news for my RAs in the suite. They're going through some emotional ups and downs because a close friend of theirs is in the hospital, though I'm not exactly sure what is happening. The girls gathered tonight and decided to bake Monica, one of our two RAs, a cake to thank her for everything she has done for us and to tell her that we love her, support her, and are here for her the way she is for us. Here are some photos from our suite's midnight baking session. Most of the girls contributed in one way or another. My job was to beat the eggs with... a plastic knife. Believe it or not, it was actually quite entertaining. Time to head off to bed, goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Yueming,

    This being your second season with the ILC I KNOW you've heard us talk about the value of good time management. I recall just about this time last summer reading about you pulling all nighters trying to get your CHESS presentation completed.

    I certainly don't envy you fighting the clock like this.

    I know you must have had fun baking the cake and all but after seeing these photos I'm not so sure I'd want to sample your culinary wares. Sorry. Maybe if I saw the actual cake I'd change my mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete