Thursday, July 15, 2010

Inspiration

Hello everyone! Today was a great day! One of the highlights was meeting my new idol -- Chris Riano. I have a lot to say about this guy, who is by far, the most interesting and unique guest speaker we've had these past 3 weeks, and I can say by far the most interesting guest speaker I've had ever. 

After a rather hyped morning, I went to Learner Hall after lunching with Beulah, Michelle, and another classmate to attend the college fair. It was a giant college fair, that reminds me somewhat of the ones held at Pinole Valley. I took this opportunity to explore a few of the colleges that I'm not familiar with like Pomona College, Dartmouth College, and Wellesley, to name a few. After the fair, it's been work work work, with the exception of about a 3-hour break from 11 PM to 2 AM when our suite had our celebration. Two of the international students are leaving tomorrow right after classes are over so our family wanted to have one last hang out together. Although it wasn't mandatory for us to "party," I certainly felt the peer pressure. Believe me, there is nothing more that I want than to put my best effort to this research essay. However, I realized that bonding is also important. At this point, sleep is the only aspect that is at loss.

I want to apologize about this short post. I definitely want to talk about Chris and the college fair in greater detail, but I know I won't be able to do justice to either topics if I elaborated on them now. Instead, if you will forgive me, I will follow up with another blog entry just to talk the highlights of my day. One more day left, I can't believe how fast these 3 weeks have gone by! Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. Yueming,

    I understand from reading all of the blogs about how impressive Chris Riano was but I have to wonder how much of that was flavored by his drop dead good looks. I wonder if your blogs would have been quite so effervescent had he been a 55 year old balding gal with a beer gut. We’ll never know.

    Sadly, with all of your cameras and not a single snapshot of him? I guess we’ll have to take your word that he’s as good looking as the descriptions and the Internet photos.

    ReplyDelete