Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Only Four More Days...

For today, we had a guest speaker who works with the New York Education system. He was very different from the previous speakers in that he seemed to speak much more off the cuff than as a preplanned presentation. 

It wasn't bad, but it seemed to wander around at points. Even so, it was still a very interesting presentation, and really changed my viewpoint on how the educational structure works, not only in New York, but also in our home district. Even though the topic wasn't really related to Presidential Powers, I could see the similarity between having to manage a huge school system with more than a million students and having to run the country. The two are very different obviously, but the principles are about the same.

In the afternoon session, I had a one-on-one talk with Mrs. Z about my paper. Mainly, she just cleared up some of the comments on my paper that I couldn't read due to her handwriting. She also showed me where my citations were a little different than what she wanted in the paper, which was probably due to the fact that I was using an online citation generator. I'll probably have to do the rest of the citations by hand, but that's what I get for trying shortcuts, right? 

Anyways, I'm making good progress towards the end of my paper, and I can't believe we only have four more short days left here in wonderful Columbia!

1 comment:

  1. Winston,

    I had the same thought that you did about why Steven was brought in to speak to a Presidential Powers course.

    I'll have to check into this citation generator you mentioned. I'm not familiar with this. Of course, I'm also curious about why Ms. Z wanted them formatted differently. Isn't there some sort of standardization out there?

    ReplyDelete