Saturday, July 10, 2010

Welcome to the Home of the Quakers!



My first impression of UPenn was not a favorable one. The second we stepped out of the train station I was in horror: pouring rain! Luckily I did bring my umbrella; nonetheless I still got drenched. I learned that Penn has a core curriculum though it is different from Columbia’s. Our tour of Penn was short because we had a meeting with four students that attend Penn. We met up with them and went out to have Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches! Delicious! We really got to learn about traditions and what it’s like attending Penn. The Quakers (Penn’s mascot) had different stories to tell since one was a commuter student, one was from California and one was from Saudi Arabia. It was nice to hear different perspectives. Afterwards, we decided to get some gelato, which was also delicious!

Overall, our visit to Penn was a very informative one about academics and lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    Surely you're not blaming UPenn on the rain, are you? I've been told by reliable sources that there are some days where the sun comes out and it doesn't rain.

    Glad you had the chance to get an authentic Philly Cheesesteak sandwich. Yes, you can get them around here, too, but they say it's just not the same.

    That gelato in your photo sure looked good. That's something we need more of locally. Forget this frozen yogurt stuff and fat free ice cream. Neither of which is fit for human consumption. We need more 'high fat guaranteed to put on the pounds true to life' gelato. We used to have a couple of places in Berkeley but I guess I must have been about the only person who bought their gelato because they all folded. The world hasn't been the same ever since.

    ReplyDelete