Monday, July 5, 2010

Uneventful (but not unfun) Day

I have nothing interesting to blog about tonight, so I’ll give a rather uninteresting account of my day.

Today had a very relaxed beginning. I woke up at around 10:30, and then lay in bed for about an hour. I then checked to see if my cell phone was working yet. Nope. I took a trip to the Verizon store to see if anything could be done about my phone. Again, nope. On top of that, because I am still a minor, I can’t sign any contracts for a new phone with a renewed plan. This means that my parents are going to get it then ship it to Mrs. Ishmael who will then hand it to me.

Anyways, running back and forth between here and the Verizon store during this heat wave got me thirsty, so I stopped by Starbucks to get an iced coffee drink. Looking at the price menu reminded me why I go there so infrequently! But being the hot, thirsty guy I was, I parted with five dollars in exchange for an enormous and extremely refreshing beverage. However, soon after returning to my room, I knocked the half full container onto the ground, spilling coffee on the floor. After cleaning up most of the mess, I made one last trip to the bathroom to grab some more toilet paper. When I returned, I realized I left my key in the room, locking myself out!

Long story short, I get back in, hang out with Michael and a kid from our Chem class, Evan, and we all go to Starbucks to do our Chemistry work. I’m not spending any more money there, given my spillage earlier in the day, so I ask for a glass of ice water. Today was my lucky day! They made the wrong drink for someone earlier, so they gave me the iced tea the mistakenly made for free! Guess they really know how to keep a loyal customer base. I apologize for this extremely dry (and probably unnecessarily long) post. Expect a blog tomorrow regarding cameras and dazzling pictures! Anyways, see you all tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Your Dad said the phone should arrive by 10:30 A.M.on Wed., so I'll bring it and you should have it at 5:00 that evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jamie,

    Ever heard the phrase "if it wasn't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all"?

    Even though you got the 'free" drink today, your luck is some of the worst I've read about in a long time. Has anything gone right for you yet?

    From what's been described in these blogs I think a neck lanyard with a retractable key holder would be in order to distribute to any future ILC students. Maybe they've just kept quiet about it but I just can't recall reading about so many of our bright students who can't remember to bring their keys with them when they leave a room. AAARGH!!!

    ReplyDelete