Sunday, July 11, 2010

Yale-ish tour


Today we embarked on a very interesting adventure. We took Amtrak to New Haven, Connecticut. After asking for directions we made our way to have breakfast at a cute little place called Claire’s Corner Copia. I had a cheese quesadilla and delicious lemonade. Then we walked in search of the Yale admissions office. After finding it, we realized that it was closed. We then found the visitor center and they said they didn’t have any campus tours. We were all really disappointed but tried to make the most of our time. I tried to give the tour but it was really the blind leading the blind. We decided to check out the Peabody Museum.

The museum was actually really cool! They have many exhibits including dinosaur, Egyptian, the making and social issues of coffee, meteorites, etc. Then we caught a cab to the train station and rode back to New York.


The lesson here today is to be a little more organized before heading out on a big trip. Our tour was almost wasted and we didn’t get to really see or learn about Yale. Well, it’s Sunday night, so you know what that means? Class tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    I'm with you on this one: that's along way to go to get a lemonade and a quesadilla.

    I don't know where the ball was dropped here but I've already started inquiries. I'm not one to point fingers but my input is limited to zilch once you all get on the airport shuttle.

    I'm very sorry that your time was wasted. Very sorry.

    ReplyDelete