Sunday, July 4, 2010

New York: The City of Contradictions

Today I went to see the Macy's Fireworks show along the Hudson. I arrived around 4:30 PM even though the fireworks started around 9. I'm glad that I got there early to get a good seat but waiting was pure torture.

That's what I learned about New York in the past 10 days: days are spent rushing or waiting. On one hand it's so busy and fast-paced; everyone walks fast to cross the street, rushes into the subway and gets angry when others aren't at their same, fast speed. On the other hand this is also the place to wait: wait for the subway to arrive or wait for a cab. At the Maroon 5 concert I waited for them to come onstage and after they performed their first set and left, I waited for them to come back.

New York: the city of waiting or running. Catchy, isn't it?


Fireworks! Trust me, it's a lot better in person

1 comment:

  1. Michelle,

    There's no question that fireworks need to be seen in person. Whenever I see them on the TV, I don't recall EVER hearing anyone say "oooh" or "aaah" like they do when you're right there.

    Take a look at my comments on Buelah's blog about when I was so close to the fireworks that we could actually feel the concussion on our faces.

    ReplyDelete